I received the Rifle Paper & Co Agenda – Birch Floral when I subscribed to Cloth & Paper July Box. At that point of time, there was no description of the agenda given, save for the gorgeous cover. I have not bought or owned anything from Rifle Paper & Co however after browsing through their site, I came to fall in love with their chic and classy designs. That’s when I decided to get the box because of the agenda.
As per Rifle Paper & Co website, their 2016 agenda comes in two designs; the one featured here is the Birch Floral design while the other one is the Toile design. This agenda is a compact size measuring 210mm x 177mm, its binding is a covered spiral bound with a metal gold foil 2016 stamped on its cover and its papers are natural white text paper. Price as reflected in the website for this agenda is $34 (US Dollar). Features of both the agendas are as described:
- 17-month weekly + monthly calendar pages , August 2015 – December 2016,
- Metallic gold accents,
- Sections for celebrations, notes, and important contacts
This is how the agenda looks like when you open it. The cover seems sturdy however it has a thick cardboard box feel to it. The inside cover has gorgeous metallic gold accents. You can see the tabs on the sides of the pages. The gold ring coils seem pretty sturdy and flipping the pages is seamless. You can write your name on the inner cover under the “From the desk of:” label.
The first tab in the agenda is the “2016 / 2017“. It features both years calendar at a glance neatly placed. Fonts are simple and clean but may be too small for some eyes.
The second tab in the agenda is the “Important Dates“. It has the 2016 US holidays with space for you to write your own important dates on the next two pages by months. Unless you have a lot of important events going on, the fourteen lines per month may not be enough, however adding on sticky notes should solve the problem.
For the third tab you have the “Notes” section. There are only eight lined pages for this section.
The fourth tab is “Month by Month” which features a month on two pages from August 2015 to December 2016. There is a column for you to write in notes for the month on every page. The featured month also has the month before and month after mini calendar on top of the pages for advance planning at a glance.
After the Month by Month tab, there will be the monthly tabs starting from Aug 2015 to Dec 2016. I’m featuring August 2015 for the review but the pages are the same throughout till December 2016.
The weekly planning includes a week on two pages, where there are fourteen lines divided into two for daily planning. Each line comes with a check box. There are two mini before and after current month calendar on the top right hand corner of the page which is good for advanced planning. Every pages also comes with an inspirational quote printed at the top of the right page. The layout is similar all throughout till December 2016.
The last tab is the “Contacts” section. This section has space for 18 contacts with room to write your contacts’ Name, Location, Phone Numbers, Email and Notes.
After the last contact page, there is a page with a pocket in the front and at the back for you to store your loose papers or sticky notes. There is also a printed ruler on both sides of the pages. I think this page is made of smooth card stock and I think it is reliable enough to hold my loose papers and other items.
My Verdict on the Rifle Paper & Co Agenda 2016:
- Overall Design: Really gorgeous birch floral pattern. Like I said, I love Rifle Paper & Co’s designs; their chic designed notepads and calendars! The agenda’s weight is rather comparable to a personal Filofax but it feels slightly lighter. It seems rather sturdy but I’m not sure whether it will last till December 2016. The elastic band also helps to hold everything together. The overall design reminds me of a Kate Spade Covered Spiral Bound Agenda as well.
- Functionality: I bought this agenda without knowing the layout of it and honestly I bought it because it was pretty. I was looking forward to use this as a journal however was rather disappointed that the weekly layout are lined check boxes and there are only 8 note pages. Because I bought this agenda with a function in mind, I already had expectations of it. However, for those who thrive on lists or bullet journaling, I think this agenda is perfect for you! You might find yourself at times having space limitations with this agenda but don’t let that get you down because sticky notes are your best companion!
- Price: I think this is reasonably priced for an agenda from Rifle Paper & Co. Currently Rifle Paper & Co online is having a 10% discount for all planners, calendars and weekly desk pads. Use code ‘CAL2016’ when you’re shopping now till Monday, August 17, 2015.
Disclaimer: This post is non-sponsored and opinions expressed are of my own. Feel free to comment, suggest future posts or ask any questions about this post! Thank you!